Sunday, April 24, 2016

First post " Rawan Alyousef "

When my daughter was 9 months old, she was trying to walk. When she fell down, I didn’t help her. In this situation, I didn’t help her because I believe she must learn by herself. But when we see someone who needs help, we usually run to help him or her. However, why do we help other people? When can we help them? In fact, people help each other for several important reasons.
First of all, human nature makes us help others. For example, while a girl was drowning and calling out in the sea, immediately most of the witnesses ran to help her because our human nature makes us want to help someone who is in trouble. Also, if I see an old woman crossing the street and relying on her stick to walk, I will help her because I am a compassionate person. The compassion is part of human nature.
Second, helping can have a reciprocal basis. For instance, if I help my classmate now, she will probably help me if I need something in the future. Also, if I help my daughter when she is small, she will probably help me when I am an elderly woman. That means we help people now because we believe that if something happened to us in the future, they will probably help us.
 Finally, some cultures encourage people to help others. For example, my culture urges everyone to give an elderly person our seat when there is no more seat. Because everyone has responsibility. Also, Islamic culture urges us to help people if we know him or her and even if someone is a stranger.
     There are many factors that influence why people help each other. They are human nature, reciprocal basis, and culture. We help other people to improve our society. That helps us to survive in our daily lives. 
       

No comments:

Post a Comment