Sunday, April 24, 2016

First post Tzu Chin

     It is my third week in Riverside. When I was in Taiwan, I couldn’t believe I can cook one day. The cabbage that shows below is my first time to cook. I have to say it was awful! The stem part not even cooked enough. It was too terrible to finish it by myself, so I asked my Japanese roommate to help, and she said the cabbage is ok to her, but I thought she just tried not to hurt my feeling. Few days after, I mentioned about this when I chatted with her. She admitted the cabbage just ok, and she emphasized that she never said the cabbage is good…

     During continuing practice, now I can cook cabbage like this. It is good enough for me, and my parents were surprised when I showed them the picture. The color is beautiful and not too salty. I am very satisfied with this time.

     Beside cabbage, I have tried congee too. At first, I searched the recipe in the Internet, but the recipe that I chose told me wrong proportion of water and rice. So it became very soft rice without any water. I made the congee with some bacon, vegetable, mushroom and an egg. It was fine, but not tasty enough. The second time when I made that, I used a chicken broth cube. It taste much better than the first time.

     And today, I miss Taiwan’s bubble milk tea too much. So I made by myself! It is not so similar to real bubble milk tea which I brought in Taiwan, but I had a lot of fun when I made it. Next time I want to try the other Taiwan’s traditional food: Sweet Potato Ball.  
                      hqdefault.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment