Saturday, June 4, 2016

Shirakawa village-Tzu Chin


This March I went to Shirakawa village, which located in Ono District, Gifu Prefecture, Japan. Shirakawa village is known as their traditional houses, and this village became one of UNESCO’s World Heritage Sites in 1995. Shirakawa village has an annual winter event and in this period of time, they will light up their traditional house at night. The view at there is awesome so many people will book the hotel one year before that event.

                                                picture resource:http://www.thousandwonders.net

At this March, my friend and I finally decided to go there. Nevertheless, it was quit hard for me to get Shirakawa village because I am very easy to get motion sickness. After we landed on Nagoya airport, we took almost 6 hours bus including transfer two times to arrive our destination. But when I saw the village, I thought that everything was worth. There are a lot of shops, they sale some souvenirs and some traditional snacks. I tried a sesame flavor of ice cream and a pink tsukemono, I don’t like the taste of tsukemono at all but the ice cream was good! After that we took a shuttle bus to the top of a hill, so we could look down the village. I think my friend and I were very lucky because the day we went there was not so cold but there was still a little snow on the roadside and roof, it decorated the view and made the view more beautiful. I was very satisfied with that weather.
picture resource:http://tabelog.com/tw/kyoto/A2601/A260101/26003337/dtlphotolst/

However, there was a pity that made this trip not so perfect: I had a stomachache at first two days and I only had one day and half at Shirakawa. That’s means, I missed the night view of Shirakawa and I couldn’t really enjoy anything I saw in that village. What’s worse, my friend didn’t go anywhere because she thought that she had to stay with me, as a result, I felt very sorry to her. But when I went back to Taiwan, I received a post card from her; she said  that disappointments let us have a reason to go there again! I am really fortunate to have this friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment