Sunday, May 22, 2016

Can't stop loving theater--Hatsumi

 Friday night I went to see a theater which is made by theater club students in Christian school. A Chinese exchange student who lives with us is in the play so we decided to go. The play was called "Joseph an The Anazing Technicolor Dreamcoat". It's the irresistible family musical about the trials and triumphs of Joseph, Israel’s favorite son. It was difficult for me to understand all the story because it was all in English ofcourse but I really enjoyed it because I also do theater in Japan.
 I started theater when I was in 6th grade. That time I was living in Texas and I still don’t know why but I chose Theater for my electives. From that day I started to love theater and also started to enjoy doing some presentation and speech infront of people. However there were some bad memory also. Even though I had a character that I want to act, I couldn't because I was a “Asian”. For example I could never do a character who has a children because the children has to look Asian but I am the only Asian in theater class. So every time a character that I could do was limited. In 7th grade I had to go back to Japan but still continued for 4 years after I returned to Japan. I even thought about going to a university where I could artificially learn theater. However my parents told me that learning English is more helpful in the future. They don't want me to waste the experience in the time I was living in America. Even I knew that I still wanted to try the university I wanted to go so my parents ended up letting me try te entrance exam in the university for theater. As a result I wasn't able to pass and ended up going to the university for foreign studies. However I have no regrets and want to appreciate my parents for letting me challenge.
 When I was very young I didn't have any special talent or hobbies until I met theater in 6th grade. Even I am not doing it now, I still love theater and someday when I returned to Japan, I want to do it again. I can't stop loving it!


No comments:

Post a Comment